Sunday, August 26, 2012

Places Explored : Buddhist Temple, Dong Gu Area

Buddhist Temple - Dong Gu Area

As I'm writing this, I'm listening to, and getting completely immersed in the voice of Charice Pempengco, the legendary singing dynamo of a girl from the Philippines. Well, I did stumble upon her sometime back on YouTube, and that's it....! I was hooked to the very bits...Man, what a voice that is!

 Well, we've got to thank her fan who posted her sensational tv show on YouTube AND Ellen Degeneres for discovering this young dynamite of a talent, and giving her the opportunity to make that mark in the US. Well, I'm really not surprised that she always has, and always will, bring down the house and move hearts...This is, for you, and trust me, as Ellen Degeneres says, 'you are gonna be blown away!' HOW does she do it?....


     (courtesy of YouTube)

Now, THAT was something, wasn't it? :) For a 16 year old girl...My, my oh my.....

Okay.....back to this Buddhist Temple. Well, there are absolutely NO Hindu Temples here in Ulsan. Zilch. None. The nearest would be the Buddhist Temple. So my friends, Sasya and Piya, called me the day before a worldwide Hindu celebration and say "shall we go to a Buddhist Temple? We know one that's close by and we can take the cab there." They sounded pretty confident, hence, I agreed. I, for one, had no idea on how to explain to the cab driver nor get there. Left it to the gals.

It turned out to be a quite a hilarious trip after all.:)

Well, let's just put it this way. They 'thought' they knew the place, and when the taxi started going uphill a secluded place, everyone of us panicked. Well, you know what happens when women panic. We get all excited and dramatic, voices high pitched, saying 'stop, stop'. God, I wish I'd recorded that moment on a video cam or something. tsk tsk tsk...

To cut the long story short, we finally managed to get the message across to the cab driver, by the way, and sighed in relief when she said "ne, ne"....(yes, yes in Korean language). And...there we were, right at the entrance of the temple.


that's piya, by the way...

Temple entrance....
It was a wonderful feeling inside the temple; very peaceful, calm, pristine...A feeling that calmed your nerves....We sat at at the main sanctum for a bit; then walked up some stairs to another secluded Buddhist altar. Well, honestly, the energy inside felt scintillating and calming at the same instance; one felt as if time's frozen in eternity....

We had a wonderful time at the temple. Unfortunately, I can't quite remember the name of the temple, or the exact location of it. Then again, if it really is your calling, you'll find the temple....

No comments: